Sunday 21 July 2013

Restaurant review : Balthazar, london

What's the curbappeal?
- the classic European brasserie interior: art deco lights, brass fixings, red booth seats and tiled floor.
- the dilemma?  London already has lots of similar restaurants and they're excellent: the Wolseley, the Delaunay and Colbert (to name a few) are my favourites. 
- does it live up to the hype? Unfortunately not, the interior feels  overly-contrived and the quality of the food is average to poor. I had to send back my flat white  because the coffee was burnt. My poached eggs were just OK (quite watery in texture  if I'm being critical).

Sorry but I won't be back

With love,
Ms. Curbappeal x

Ps. Here's some photos from my iPhone...
















Time of visit: brunch, Sunday in July 2013




No comments:

Post a Comment